At Coast ICF, we take pride in offering our customers the selection of SuperForm product accessories. These accessories are hand picked for their exceptional quality, enhancing your overall building journey. We want to ensure that you have everything you need to complete your project quickly and efficiently, saving you money and time.
Supply and Installation – Insulated building products Get a quote now
MST-BAR is a glass fiber reinforced polymer (GFRP) rebar and is an excellent alternative for concrete reinforcement compared to traditional steel rebar.
It is the only GFRP Rebar that bonds to concrete better than steel. Steel Rebar oxidizes in concrete which creates rust cancers and causes the rebar to expand, which results in the cover concrete to spall, leading to failure. MST-BAR can eliminate all failures due to corrosion and save on the current costs of fixing corrosion issues.
MST-BAR is also the only GFRP Rebar that is an Integrally Ribbed Maximum Strength Rebar, which locks the rebar into the concrete causing fewer cracks and avoiding up to 50% of traditional bent bar applications by using straight lengths of MST-BAR.
In addition, the manufacturing process of MST-BAR produces far fewer carbon emissions than the steel industry, which aligns with SuperForm’s sustainable and energy-efficient manufacturing processes for our insulated building products.
- Light-weight (up to 4x lighter than traditional steel rebar)
- Superior Tensile Strength (3x the amount of steel)
- Fatigue Resistance (20x the amount of steel)
- Corrosion Resistance
- Thermal and electrical isolated
- No maintenance or repairs required
- ICF Walls: 1 to 1 ratio steel to MST BAR
- Flatwork: Downsize 1 size from steel for MST BAR size (except for 10 mm)*
- *Note: Subject to your local building code requirements.